Thursday 21 January 2016

STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING

This fall I had a mandatory education weekend in far, far away Nova Scotia and took the opportunity to make a pit stop in Halifax to visit my friend E! (Side note: the friends I made during my science degree are some of my lifelong best friends and I just love them.) E semi-recently moved back to the east coast after a stint in Saskatchewan and I'm so happy to have her back even though I still don't see her as much as I'd like!

During our visit she took me to a place I had heard a lot about but never been to - The Middle Spoon. For some reason the name always reminds me of Middle Earth and I kind of picture it being overrun with hobbits. :) That is fortunately not the case. As you probably know, it's a dessert place!


I had the most delicious toffee pudding (and apple cider)! It was the richest, most delicious, warm, comforting dessert ever and totally inspired me to make something similar at home!! I found this recipe and it turned out sooooo good!!! It was just like what I experienced at The Middle Spoon. I made it for friends and we all loved it (as far as I know)! It's something that is perfect for winter time since it's warm, sweet, and full of cream, sugar, and dates! But fair warning, the amount of cream used is somewhat alarming. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment